Tuesday 5 February 2013

Introductions

But wait there is more.
There was another reunion to be had on my return.

(I had to abandon the earlier entry as the text suddenly went weird on me and I don't know how you correct that. 
Any ideas?)


On the eve of my departure to Invercargill I had spent the evening with Vida's 'Mum' at the emergency vets whilst Vida underwent a Caesarian delivery.
It was time also to see how she was recovering and to meet her pups.

She was standing behind the gates when i walked up the driveway and gave the strangest  gratified little bark when she saw me and rushed to greet me and herd me inside to show me her pups.

A serious little dog by nature, she is proving to be a most diligent and  solicitous mother.
There has been no golfing since my return to Christchurch ,but a lot of taking Vida out for a break from her progeny.

Vida showing me her pups.
 
Having shown me the pups she retires from the room to sit in the lounge (where she is not supposed to be!) and peers at me as I handle the pups-3 boys and 1 girl.
The Dad is a Border Terrier and none of them look like her at all !

Vida watching me.





Dog Days indeed.

I shall get back to the golf narrative tomorrow so stayed tuned for tales of  exceptional caddies and sibling rivalry.

No comments:

Post a Comment