Tuesday 5 February 2013

Reunions and Returnings

Here I am ,back by popular request.

Back from my southern sojourn with Dad and No.2 Brother.
There were family gatherings and Jubilee events attended.

My Auntie Ona & Jack her brother(Dad)

Auntie Jean -obviously their sister!

The cousins-Wendy,Annie,Ariel ,Hamish.

There were Rest-home ramblings and reminiscences on the roads of Southland with Dad regaling us with stories of how long the trip between Winton and Gore actually took in a Baby Austin! And how the Edendale Hill has shrunk in these modern times of fleets of milk tankers. 
There was hail and heat and those clear blue skies when you feel you can see for ever.
And sun setting after half nine at night.

27C in Bluff and clear views of Stewart Island

And there was 

 good-natured rivallry

 on the golf courses of Southland as No. 2 Brother and I tried out a sample of the Fairways on offer(when we weren't in the rough of course)!

Hamish & Ariel @ Drummond  after the Jubilee

All in all a most exciting adventure which I shall expand on in the days to come as I attempt to get this Blog up to date before the end of the Fifty Fairways project on February 14th(my birthday) .

A perfect holiday , and with no regrets on my return as a great surprise awaited me.

The morning I flew back to Christchurch I received a text from Butler's 'Mum' saying they were in Christchurch for the weekend and I was welcome to come get Butler at any time. 

Well,well well. What a reunion.

Wilma picked me up from the airport but as she had to return to work I dropped my bags off at home and headed straight out to Brighton to see my wee friend.He saw me as I came through his old gate and stood absolutely still in the window for a split second before his whole body started wagging,too excited even to bark he came rushing out of the house and down the path to bounce all around making excited dog squeals and whimpers of delight.
After a quick catch up with the human friends, whilst Butler leapt about beside himself in joy, we headed off for a ramble over the Rawhiti Golf Course and down to the beach for some serious games of ball and bonding.
A beautiful experience that was repeated the following day also before I again had to say goodbye to my little four-legged mate. But his 'Mum' has invited me to come and stay at their house in Ohope sometime this year. She reckons she might go away for a break and I can look after Butler Boo for her...now that's something to look forward to. 

Hanging out with Butler Boo



 
Happy Butler         

        


 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello again from me here.

    Good updates and the photos are just heavenly. I am loving looking at the green and trees and sky and colours and clouds and mist and frost. It really is the small things that make one's day special. You are rightly very proud of yourself and your efforts lovely sis, and I am liking the look of a healthier and slightly heavier you. You really are looking in very good health and happy spaces. Well done, so very proud of you from a distance. xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete